The NC Senate proposed budget shows that conservation funding is a necessity for the state of North Carolina. Investing in our land and water creates a healthier North Carolina for all.
Highlights of this year’s proposed funding:
- Increases recurring funds for the Land and Water Fund by $3.8 million, bringing it to a total recurring $28 million
- Increases recurring funds for the Parks and Recreation Trust Fund by $3.8 million, bringing it to a total recurring $28 million
- Provides $15 million in nonrecurring funds in both years of the biennium for farmland preservation
- Allocates $5 million in nonrecurring funds for the Great Trails program
- Provides $10 million nonrecurring in the first year of the biennium in accessible parks grants for parks for people with disabilities
Learn more about our 2023 Legislative Agenda.